If you are a graduate student in a counseling program and reside within commuting distance of Westfield, NJ, I would be happy to discuss the possibility of you completing a practicum at Aware Now Counseling, LLC. This practice offers students the opportunity to gain exposure to the private practice experience as well as professional development opportunities outside of the office. Administrative tasks are limited to those associated with the practicum student managing his/her own appointments and any events or groups s/he decides to set-up. The focus is on professional preparation rather than busy-work.
Students are welcome to contact Amy Armstrong directly by emailing a resume and cover letter.
- This is not a salaried position.
- The next available start would be January 2017.
- In order to be eligible for consideration, you must be currently enrolled in a graduate program in professional counseling. Post-graduate credentials such as Ed.S programs will be considered.
- The student is ultimately responsible for verifying with the graduate program that this site meets program criteria as an acceptable site and for alerting Amy to all relevant deadlines as well as evaluations and logs that need to be completed regarding progress.
- Hours completed on site under my supervision can be counted toward practicum hours for graduate students. If you are seeking hours toward an LPC in New Jersey, you need to be supervised by a practitioner with an ACS. For information about licensure in New Jersey, please view this page. You can also find useful information on the New Jersey Counseling Association’s website.