Services provided include:
- Individual therapy for children, teens and adults
- Group counseling
- Career counseling and assessment
- Resume critiques and revisions
Charged by the hour at $175/hr
- I am in-network with: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (including the new OMNIA plans–tier 1), Cigna, Qualcare, MHN, Magnacare, and Oscar.
- I will handle billing for your insurance plan, regardless of whether or not I am an in-network provider.
- Please keep in mind that insurance companies are not always as forthcoming with providers as we would like them to be. I always do my best to provide clients with the most accurate information possible regarding their benefits and the possible cost of services. Unfortunately, I am not always provided with the best information. As a general rule, please check with your insurance company regarding the requirements for your specific policy. It’s important to confirm that I am considered an in-network provider with the specific plan you are enrolled in. This can be accomplished by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Insurance companies often require a deductible be met before they start covering any of the costs of your care. Co-pays can be as high as $50 per visit.
- Update: Effective February 1, 2017 I will no longer participate in AmeriHealth or Magellan Health plans as an in-network provider. If you have Out of Network benefits through one of those plans, I am happy to assist you with submitting claims under those. Unfortunately, the reimbursement schedules for their plans are not sustainable at this time, and none of my current clients carry that insurance, so it seemed like a reasonable cut to make.
All of the following payment methods are accepted:
- Check–Please make checks payable to Amy Armstrong
- Credit Card/Debit Card (with credit card logo)
I can now accept payments through FSA cards for some accounts in my office via Stripe. Sessions can also be billed via Invoice.com and Stripe will process the payments. Depending on your plan’s requirements, your FSA card may or may not go through. If you can’t use your FSA card, I am happy to provide you with a receipt that you can upload or mail to your plan administrator.